A new what??

 Well, a bit late but better late than never when it comes to writing the oblgitary new year speech of things on my mind and resolutions.

So, whats been on my mind for the new year? I have to say, not a lot. Iv'e made the usual commitments to eat less, stay healthy, keep fit and yet whats new about that. We all do it, we all hope for a new start, a new turning of the page. A new career, a new job position, a new effort to make a change, a new way of wishing these fake commitments will work in some way different from the previous years ones (although this year im determined to cut down on the takeaways 😊).

So, what does my life have planned for me this year? Well i can honestly say, a new hope.

I have faith that God will use me to do His will this year. I have fresh hope (although i know some of it will be wishful thinking) but i have hope, the possibilities with God are amazing.

You know one of the things that has been on my mind is how many things i've tried to do for God and a lot of the time these things have failed. Yet i have also realised that the things that i try to do and the things that God wants me to do are sometimes two different things. I once remember talking to God while staying in Inverness. And the comversation went something like this 'OK Lord i know what you want me to do (Evangelism) and heres how i'm going to do it it'. Haha boy was that a hard lesson and it's one i'm still learning.

So what did i learn? That by not just trying to do things with a godly justification to make my life feel more wholesome but that by just listening to Him speaking to me words of love and encouragement would improve my life and my hopes and dreams no amount of effort could ever do.

So, this year, my hope is that God will use me but more that i would be able to look at God in a new way and i'm committed to seeing that take fruit.

Blessings





Comments